Miniaturized pulsed laser light source
Based on our MEMS wafer processes, we have developed a modular glass/silicon packaging platform for heterogeneous integration of optical components. The glass cover provides a hermetic viewing window. Assembly and wire bonding can be performed on single substrates, panels and 200-mm wafers. Silicon provides the stability required of an optical bench.
- Ability to heterogeneously integrate optical components through a modular glass-silicon packaging platform
- Hermetic side viewing window through glass cover
- Required stability of an optical bench through silicon substrate
- Possibility of mounting and wire bonding on single substrates and panels as well as on wafers up to 200 mm in size
In addition to wafer technologies, ISIT offers a whole range of module-level services. These range from special chip-level processes to the production of modules in an industrial manufacturing environment and the investigation of their reliability under accelerated aging.
Thanks to state-of-the-art analysis methods such as high-resolution computed tomography, ISIT is known for its fast and reliable failure analysis of industrial production problems and field returns.
- Excitation of multiple atoms
- Manipulation or diverse laser cooling, for example in ion traps or superconducting units.
Technology for: Fourier spectroscopy; compensation of external motions in the optical or atomic beam paths in gravimeters based on atom interferometry; precise adjustment of laser motion.